From her early childhood, wanted to be an artist, but after finishing an art school and art studio decided to become an architect. Studied at the studio of Olesya and Sergey Medvedev in Nizhnevartovsk. Didn't make it to The University of Architecture, but a year after entered the Institute of Design (at that time The Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts (USAAA) in Tyumen, class of Gennady Vershinin), which she successfully graduated from in 2012 (major in Environmental and Graphic Design).
After the graduation, lived in Kislovodsk and practiced watercolor painting. Now is engaged in graphic design, developing of corporate identities, logos, fabric design, and writing. According to the artist "oil painting is a cry of the soul", the embodiment "of everything that gets stored in your head". Color is the most important thing: "... any story can give birth to different interpretations, but color is always the basis". Alexandra Rykova-Melnickova is inspired by the fashion of the XX century, and such artists as Matisse, Lautrec, Schiele, Kandinsky, and Rodin.
- 2006 — art exhibition, Nizhnevartovsk
- 2011 — «The Gifts», Tyumen
- 2011 — Allium paradoxum: portraits of plants, Tyumen
- 2012 — «Awakening», Tyumen
- XIV Russian Festival of Architecture and Design (Diploma of I degree), Tyumen
- Interregional Social Organization for Advancement of Architectural Education, Diploma of II degree
- Exhibition-performance Mayakovsky'120, dedicated to the 120th anniversary of V. Mayakovsky