Konstantin Kazantsev is a young contemporary artist from Saint Petersburg. He uses different techniques and materials for his works' creation. The materials vary from acrylic to markers and cans of paint.
“The most important thing is the sense of modernity and actuality” — that's what the artist thinks, and he reflects it in his artworks. The characters of Kazantsev are rather diverse: it can be a girl, holding a flower or a cup of coffee, sport car, driving at high speed, a young couple kissing each other or the life of creative young people, bohemians.
Recently, the artist is inspired by the theme of destruction, and now he is occupied by the creation of paintings of crashed cars such as Lamborghini and Ferrari, as an answer to the issue of “the impermanence of everything beautiful in the world”.
Most of the artist's series are stylistically reminiscent of a magazine graphics, illustrations. In this case, the artist addresses the issue of space very freely: all the excess is dropped, to focus on the story, on the action, on the motion.Show
Born in 1986.
- 2008–2009 — “Zero Braking Distance”, Globe Gallery, The Floors Loft Project, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 2009 — mosaic salon “Smalta”, Saint Pet ersburg, Russia
- 2010 — “Mickey Mouse Fucks Everybody”, OIOIOI International Art Gallery, Russia
- 2011 — “Mickey Mouse Fucks Everybody”, OIOIOI Showroom, Moscow, Russia
- 2012 — “Mickey Mouse is Back”, OIOIOI International Art Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- 2012 — “Antipode”, Mira Miru, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 2012 — “Seven Deadly Sins”, Summer Palace, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 2008 — Arterium Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- 2010 — “The Best of OIOIOI”, OIOIOI International Art Gallery, Saint-Petersburg
- 2011 — “Image vs. Image”, Hongik University, Seoul, South Korea
- 2011 — Asia Top Gallery Hotel Art Fair AHAF, Hayat Hotel, Seoul, South Korea
- 2011 — “Talking To the World”, Keumsan Gallery, Seoul, South Korea
- 2011 — “Stability”, Erarta Museum and Galleries of Contemporary Art, Saint Petersburg, Russia