Boris Kazakov is one of the most interesting contemporary animators from St.-Petersburg. He draws his cartoons with colorful sharpies on old celluloid movie films. His studio is located in an old wooden house outside the city.
The artist calls his cartoons "paintings", to be more exact "paintings in motion" which goes perfectly with the format of "Erarta MOTION PICTURES II" Film Festival.
The programme includes:
- "Moscow" — a video clip on the same-name song by Zhenya Tadzhetova
- "Sasha" — a video clip on the same-name song by Victor Tsoi
- "The Sirens of Titan" — a visual fantasy based on the ambient world
- "The Stakes" — the shortened and revised version of "Silver heads" by E. Yufit
- "News" — a parody on news block
- "The Eye" — an abstract story that happened to some abstract characters
- "Petrograts" — a video dedication to Grats and St. Petersburg
- "Nestlings of Sea" — a film about children and their life
- "Fish" — a story of a creator and his creation
- "Stone garden" — a screen version of the same-name novel by Vladimir Shinkarev
- "Dragonflies" — adventures of insects, animals and humans
- "The Alphebet" — an author's creative visual version of the Russian alphabet
- "Dog" — a video clip on the same-name song by Gabriel Lubnin