The second "Erarta MOTION PICTURES" Festival keeps developing the chosen directions while extending the programme and raising the standards. This time the Organizing committee was choosing from 270 applications. The festival will feature works from Spain, USA, Portugal, Mexico, China, Poland, Germany, France, Belarus, Ukraine and Russia.
The programme of "Erarta MOTION PICTURES II" will also feature works by famous short filmmakers, the winners of prestigious international awards.
The jury will consist of two committees — the artists and the filmmakers. The Art Jury will be represented by famous St.-Petersburg artists: Anatoly Belkin, Vladimir Shinkarev and Ilya Gaponov. The Cinema Jury will include Pamela Pianezza, Simon Ellis and Konstantin Bronzit.
The Festival Competition Programme consists of 2 parts.
Competition Program #1:
- A Story for the Modlins. Sergio Oksman / Spain / 2012 / 26'00''. After appearing in the film Rosemary's Baby, by Roman Polanski, Elmer Modlin ran away with his family to a distant land, where they shut themselves inside a dark apartment for thirty years.
- Flawed Symmetry of Prediction. Jeff Frost / USA / 2012 / 04'25''. Far from the confines, calamity and culture of society, multimedia artist and storyteller Jeff Frost shifts through the visual dregs of places and people who once were.
- Dad's Stick. John Smith / UK / 2012 / 04'56''. Dad's Stick features three well-used objects that were shown to the filmmaker by his father a few months before he died. Looking back over half a century, the film creates a dialogue between abstraction and literal meaning to produce an oblique portrait of "a perfectionist with a steady hand".
- Flesh. Carlos Gómez Salamanca / Colombia / 2013 / 07'40''. Flesh explores the relation between cinema and painting through frame-by-frame reconstruction of an amateur video archive revealing an animal sacrifice at a rural celebration in Colombia.
- Journey to Cape Verde. José Miguel Ribeiro / Portugal / 2010 / 17'25''. This is the story of a sixty day long walk in Cape Verde. No mobile phone, no watch, no plans for what to do next — only the bare essentials in the backpack. Out traveller explores the mountains, the villages, the sea, a talking tortoise, the goats, the music, the dry haze, the people of Cape Verde and an essential part of himself.
- Signature. Pavel Semchenko / Russia / 2013 / 13'15''. Collective unconscious' record of three great clowns — White, Black and Nude. Filmed on 16mm black & white film during long summer days and nights three years ago. Provoked by A. Adasinsky with M. Shemyakin and S. Polunin.
- In the Penal Colony. Marcel Pié, Daniel Pitarch / Spain / 2011 / 06'16''. Some thoughts on the body based on Franz Kafka's story, in the form of scientific illustrations and drawing instructions.
- A Brief History of John Baldessari. Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman / USA / 2011 / 05'55''. The epic life of a world-class artist, jammed into six minutes. Narrated by Tom Waits.
Running time — 88'18''.
March 26 (Wednesday). 19:00
March 27 (Thursday). 17:00
March 28 (Friday). 19:00
March 29 (Saturday). 15:00
March 30 (Sunday). 13:30
For films participants and screening schedule of Competition Programme #2 please click here.