Simon Ellis Retrospective. Special Programme of “Erarta MOTION PICTURES II” Film Festival
29 March 2014, Saturday 04:00
Simon Ellis, a British director and a jury member of “Erarta MOTION PICTURES II”, will present his short films in Erarta Museum on 29 March.
The program includes:
- Telling lies (4'20). UK, 2000. The morning after the night before, a rapid spiral of disastrous phone calls chart the certain ruin of young phil's day as he attempts to fib his way out of one scrape after another.
- What about the bodies (7'20). UK, 2002. Mystery and misfortune, in spades.
- What the (6'45). UK, 2004. On television, everyone can hear you scream.
- Soft (14'05). UK, 2006. A father rediscovers his fear of confrontation, at the worst possible time.
- Jam today (14'15). UK, 2011. Impatient to grow and become a man, 11 year-old Robert is stuck on a boating holiday with only his parents and his curiosity for company.
- The petebox — Where is my mind (4'00). UK, 2011. Live loop pedal session.
- Swimming — Mining for diamonds (3'30). UK, 2012. Official video.
- Stew & punch (16'40). UK, 2013. A housewarming party with beef stew and much punch spirals out of control when the host couple are sucked into a bout of light-hearted arm wrestling.
Running time — 70''.
09 February 2023 — 11 June 20232023 Erarta Prize
26 January 2023 — 28 May 2023Yuri Catania. Moonlit Garden
01 March 2023 — 28 May 2023Victor Norkin. Paradise Somewhere
23 February 2023 — 14 May 2023Vladimir Polyakov. Nameless Matter