Alexander Oligerov was born in 1965. Since 2000, has been a member of the Union of Artists of Russia and since 2009 – a member of the Paris Union of Artists «Les Seize Anges». Currently teaches painting, hold an appointment as an associate professor at the Novgorod State University, and regularly works abroad.
In 2004 the artist won the first prize and received “The Wizard’s Hat” at the Master-Class International Art Festival in St.-Petersburg (headed by the director of The State Museum of Hermitage M. Piotrovsky and organized by Tamara Semenova and Azat Mamedinov).
In September 2007, among another 100 artists from all over the world Oligerov represented Europe at “Five Continents Artists Meeting” exhibition in Paris.
In 2006, he was awarded a silver medal by the Russian Academy of Arts for the works presented at “250 years of The Russian Academy of Arts” exhibition in St. Petersburg.
In 2011, the artist won the 1st prize at the Italian contemporary art competition “Made in Russia”, and then represented Russian contemporary art under “The Year of Russia in Italy” in Milan.
In 2011 Alexander Oligerov received three special awards at the Art Preview Contemporary Art Contest held by the Russian Academy of Arts, including the prize from The Russian Art magazine for the best painting.
In 2014, Erarta Museum of Contemporary Art exhibited his paintings at Erarta Gallery London and at Erarta Gallery Hong Kong the following year.
The artist’s works are presented in the collections of the State Museum of the Russian Academy of Arts (Moscow), the Museum of Nonconformist Art (St. Petersburg), the State Novgorod Regional Museum-Reserve (Novgorod), the State Novgorod Art Museum (Novgorod), as well as in private collections in Russia and abroad. The largest private collection of works by Alexander Oligerov belongs to the Vice President of Samsung Electronics Co Mr. Gil Lee Khan (South Korea) — 42 paintings.Show
Graduated from the Department of Graphic Arts of the Herzen State Pedagogical University in St. Petersburg in 1993.
- 1997 - Stallen gallery, Fredrikstad (Norway)
- 1999 – Grand Hotel "Europe" (St. Petersburg)
- 1999 - Stallen gallery, Fredrikstad (Norway)
- 2000 - Krosna Gallery, Moscow (Russia)
- 2001 - The University of Strasbourg (France)
- 2002 – The Exhibition Hall of Russian Cultural Centre, Helsinki (Finland)
- 2002 - Paradise Gallery, Moscow
- 2003 - Expo-88 Gallery, Moscow
- 2007 - VVC Gallery, Bielefeld (Germany)
- 2008-2009 - three solo exhibitions at Gavart Gallery, Paris
- 2009 - International Film Festival of Marine and Adventure Films “The Sea is calling!”, St. Petersburg
- 2010 - Ritz Carlton, Moscow
- 2010 - Krouvi exhibition space, Lappeenranta (Finland)
- 2010 - Villa des Tourelles Municipal Gallery, (Nanterre, France)
- 2011 – Business center (Moscow)
- 2012 - The Museum of Nonconformist Art (St. Petersburg)
- 2012 - Nest Pop Up Gallery, Geneva (Switzerland)
- 2013 - Al Gallery, St. Petersburg
- 2014 - ArtPlay, East Meets West Gallery, Moscow
- 2015 - Exhibition Hall of the Moscow Union of Artists, Moscow
- 2016 - Master Gallery of the Master Class Fund, St. Petersburg
- 1991 - Young Artists Exhibition “Out of genre” (Moscow)
- 1994 - Auction of Russian artworks in Rochester (the United States)
- 1995 - Autumn Exhibition at Malaya Gruzinskaya IFA (Moscow)
- 1996 - "Self Portrait" exhibition, Malaya Gruzinskaya IFA (Moscow)
- 1998 - Exhibition of St. Petersburg Artists in Moscow's Institute of Art (Moscow)
- 1999 – “The Song of Eden”, The Central House of Artists (Moscow)
- 1998-2000-2004 – Master-Class International Festival (St. Petersburg)
- 1998-2000 - Art Salon at the Central House of Artists (Moscow)
- 2005- All-Russia Exhibition of Artists' Union of Russia dedicated to the 60th anniversary of the Victory, the Central House of Artists (Moscow)
- 2006- All-Russia Exhibition of Artists' Union of Russia, dedicated to the 250th anniversary of the Russian Academy of Arts (St. Petersburg)
- 2007 – “Five Continents Artists Meeting” international exhibition (Paris)
- 2008 – International exhibition in Greifswald (Germany)
- 2008 – International exhibition at the Modern Art Gallery, Los Angeles (USA)
- 2008-2009 – “Building bridges” international art project, Ensinada, Tijuana, Mexico City (Mexico), San Francisco, Los Angeles (USA)
- 2011 – “Made in Russia” international exhibition, Open Art Milano Gallery, Milan, (Italy)
- 2011 – “Organic” exhibition project, Solyanka VPA art-center (organized by East Meets West Gallery) (Moscow)
- 2011 - "Artesanía", Moscow State Exhibition Hall ‘New Manege’(organized by East Meets West Gallery), (Moscow)
- 2011 – exhibition of nominees of ArtPreview International Competition, Zurab Tsereteli Museum of Modern Art, (Moscow)
- 2012 – “Power of Water” international exhibition, The Polytechnic Museum, East Meets West Gallery (Moscow)
- 2012 – “Art Hansa" international exhibition of Hanseatic cities artists, Lüneburg (Germany)
- 2013-2014 – «Artistes Sentinelles»; ''Witnesses of their time'' at the German Artists' Union exhibition in Munich, Paris (France), Munich (Germany)
- 2014 – Erarta Gallery London, (London)
- 2015 - All-Russian exhibition "Victory", the Central House of Artists, the Union of Artists of Russia, Moscow
- 2015 – Erarta Gallery Hong Kong (Hong Kong)