Born in the city of Krasnodar in 1970.
Graduated from V. Surikov Art Institute in Moscow (The Russian Art Academy) in 1996.
Since he graduated from the Institute Alexei Lantsev has participated in a number of one man exhibitions and group exhibitions.
- Since 1998, has been a member of the Moscow Artists Union
- Since 1998, has been working with the “Les Oreades” gallery, Moscow and had over 10 one man exhibitions
- Since 2000, has been working with the “East Meets West Gallery”, Moscow
- 1998 — Participation in the contest exhibition “Peter the Great in Great Britain”; as one of the winners was awarded a trip to Great Britain
- 2000 — Participation in the Group Exhibition in the 20-th Century Art Department of the
- “Abramtsevo” Museum
- 2001 — A one man exhibition at the “East Meets West Gallery” and “Zee Stone Gallery” in Hong Kong
- 2001 — An exhibition together with N. Khoklova-Lantseva in Dresden, Germany
- 2003-2012 — Monumental wall-paintings (murals) works in Anadyr, Tchukotka
- 2004 — A one man exhibition at the “Art Play” Gallery, Moscow.
- 2005 — Participation in the “Montreux Jazz Festival 2005” Exhibition, Montreux,
- 2006-2011— Participation in an exhibition of modern art “ArtGraphic”
- 2006 — One man exhibition at the “Galerie Ncadrement” Ronq France.
- 2006 — One man exhibition at the Embassy of Iceland in Moscow.
- 2006 — Participation in an exhibition in Belgorod Art Museum with Pop/off/art
- 2007 — One man exhibition in”Galerie Mimesis” in Geneve, Switzerland
- 2008 — One man exhibition in “Mars Gallery”, Moscow
- 2009 —Exhibition with Natalia Khoklova in Konstanz, Germany
- 2010 — Participation in an exhibition in the centre of modern art, “Alanika 2010”
- 2011 —An exhibition with Hans Mendler at gallery Saby Lazi Stuttgart
- 2012 —Participation in the project “The Power of Water” by EastMeetsWestGallery in the Polytechnic Museum in Moscow.
- 2012 — Personal exhibition «Fluid Dynamics» Gallery ArtSpace Cambridge (UK)
- 2012 — Participation in the exhibition «Metageo» dedicated to Kazimir Malevich Nadja Brykina Gallery AG (Zurich)
- 2013 —Work on the project in Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, France
- 2013 — “Reflective Forms” exhibition in Cambridge, UK
- 2014 — Exhibition in ”Galerie Meinlchmidt” in Balingen, Germany
Alexey Lantsev’s works are in the ownership of some museums and private collections too: The Modern Art Museum of Vladikavkaz, The Krasnodar Art Museum, The National Bank of Iceland, Deutsche Bank (Germany), Standard & Poor’s, Raiffeisen Bank, Clifford Chans, Novosibirsk Art museum, 20-th Ceturury Art collection Abramtsevo museum, Mstislav Rostropovich and Galina Vishnevskaia collection.
His works are also in private collections in France, Hong Kong, Great Britain, the USA, Germany, Israel, Switzerland, Russia.show